Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Uke by candlelight = surreal moment





Power outage in our area was unexpected as heavy rain was almost over when it happened. Anyway, the gloomy weather and the pitch black darkness started creeping in, so I strategically started placing candles in the living room (to keep the place from burning down.) I grabbed my ukulele, my chord sheets, and some blank papers, and started to feel the vibe. Throughout the whole time, songs like "Keep holding on" by Avril Lavigne, and "Everybody hurts" by R.E.M kept playing in my head, and I kept imagining how hard it is for the families trying to hold on to each other, amidst the disaster that our Filipino people is currently facing. and so, I started playing the songs on my ukulele. 
just so you know, Uke by candlelight = surreal moment. Power outage lasted for two hours. Only downside of it was that i couldn't sing at the top of my lungs for the room was really quiet. 
Well, who the heck sings with so much passion at 3 in the morning, anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home